There is one word for this salad: refreshing. No, wait. There are two words: Refreshing and easy. Okay, maybe three words: refreshing, easy and delightful.
1/4 seedless watermelon chopped into chunks
1 cucumber chopped into half inch thick pieces (I peeled it in stripes to make it more attractive)
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
1/4 tsp. chile powder
1/4 tsp. lime zest
salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop the watermelon into chunks. Peel the cucumber so it appears striped. Place the watermelon and cucumber in a plate.
2. Place fresh mint leaves evenly over the top of the salad.
3. In a small container, combine the chile powder, lime zest, salt and pepper. Sprinkle as much as desired over the salad.
4. Taste it and decide if you would like to use a dressing over the salad. You could squeeze fresh lime over it, or use olive oil and balsamic vinegar sparingly, or eat it without.
5. Disfruta ~ Enjoy! (See, I told you it was easy.)
Note: A good protein pairing might be some nuts or a soft cheese.
There is a product called Tajin sold in the produce department which is a chile powder, lime zest and salt mixture. If you aren’t worried about what kind of salt you are eating, this could be a short cut.